According to different battery materials, common lithium metal batteries, lithium ion batteries, lead-acid batteries, lithium iron phosphate batteries, etc.
Can the chargers for lead-acid batteries and lithium batteries be universal?
Lithium batteries are widely used in consumer electronics and electric vehicles. For example, some people buy a lead-acid battery electric vehicle and then switch to a lithium battery electric vehicle. They can’t help but wonder: Can the lead-acid battery charger be used before? To the lithium battery charging? In this regard, the relevant information shows that this is not feasible.
Since lead-acid battery chargers are generally set to two-stage or three-stage charging mode, the voltage levels of lithium batteries and lead-acid batteries do not match.
There are many kinds of lithium batteries, and the battery performance and battery protection board parameters may be different.
Therefore, lithium batteries do not have universal battery chargers like lead-acid batteries. Generally speaking, lithium batteries are equipped with special chargers when they leave the factory. In order to protect the lithium battery, a special charger is required.
Here are some things to keep in mind when charging lithium batteries:
1. In order to prolong the life of the lithium battery, it is necessary to charge and discharge the lithium battery frequently. It is necessary to develop the habit of charging after 80% of the electricity used by riding an electric vehicle, and not to wait for the electricity to run out before charging. In addition, lithium batteries should not be stored for a long time.
2. When charging the rechargeable battery of the electric vehicle, the electric door lock must be closed, and the battery cannot be turned upside down. When charging, it should be fully charged at one time, and should not be charged multiple times.
3. Electric appliances should not be stored in a state of power loss. Therefore, when the battery is not in use, it is necessary to fully charge the battery once a month.
4. The lithium battery needs to use the matching charger when charging. Because the battery raw materials are different from the lithium battery production process, the technical requirements for the charger are also different. Therefore, only the use of a dedicated charger can make the lithium battery last longer. and prevent safety hazards.
5. When the lithium battery is dead, the power supply should be turned off to ride, and the recovery voltage cannot be used to prevent serious power loss, so as to prolong the battery life.
6. When charging the lithium battery of the electric vehicle, it is not advisable to stop charging immediately when the charging indicator shows that the battery is fully charged.
Therefore, in the matter of charging the battery, we must choose a dedicated charger to charge the corresponding battery to avoid mixing with each other, potential safety hazards or accidents.
- 100AH 12V Low Temperature Heating Enable
- Lithium Battery Cell
- Lithium Battery Pack
- Escooter/Ebike Battery
- 12V/24V Lifepo4 Battery
- Portable Power Station
- ESS Energy Storagy Systems
- Deep Cycle Batteries With BMS
- Low Temperature 24V 60AH Battery